Japanese Lettuce Wraps. Delicious and bursting with flavor, Asian lettuce wraps are a great idea for entertaining or a family style meal. Each person can build their own fresh, delicious wrap. Just be sure to have plates or napkins available since the mixture can sometimes drip a little.
This Asian chicken lettuce wrap recipe is full of flavor and only takes a few minutes to throw together. How to Make Healthy Asian Chicken. Many Asian-inspired recipes call for a lot of sugar or other ingredients that I like to stay away from. You can cook Japanese Lettuce Wraps using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese Lettuce Wraps
- It’s 2 cups of short brown rice.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- You need 2 tablespoon of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Prepare 4 of carrots diced.
- You need 2 of avocado sliced.
- Prepare 1 of cucumber diced.
- You need 1 bunch of green onions diced.
- Prepare 1 head of leaf lettuce.
- Prepare 4 sheet of nori seaweed optional.
We felt very adult and fancy, especially when we split an order of Lettuce Wraps. Tender ground chicken cooked in an outrageously addictive, sweet-and-salty Asian sauce, then piled inside crisp lettuce. These Asian lettuce wraps make a delicious main dish for busy weeknights or can be enjoyed as an appetizer for a Chinese take-out style dinner party on the weekend. I love the rich, slightly salty, slightly sweet, slightly sour blend of flavors here.
Japanese Lettuce Wraps step by step
- I use a rice cooker, cook rice.
- Tear lettuce leaves in half.
- After rice is done cooking, mix with rice vinegar and honey.
- Place a spoonful of rice on lettuce.
- Top with all diced veggies, and wrap a small piece seaweed if you want.
- Wrap lettuce around rice and veggies, serve with low sodium soy sauce, pickled ginger and wasabi.
- I substitute Avocado for shrimp.
Let's walk through the process of making this chicken lettuce wraps recipe step-by-step. Don't forget to watch the video too! The first step in this lettuce wrap recipe is making the sauce. The sauce is the key to the flavor of this recipe. And I beg you not to tamper with the sauce.