Classic BLT sandwich (Bacon Lettuce & Tomato). This beloved club-inspired sandwich, the Classic BLT or Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich recipe, is quick and easy to make and loaded with flavor. Keyword: bacon, blt, classic recipe, club sandwich, meat sandwich, sandwich recipe. It's a childhood favorite that we continue to love as adults, too.
Avocado, cheese and a fried egg really take. Put a new spin on a classic sandwich combination with these BLT recipes! Bacon, lettuce and tomatoes add the perfect touch to sandwiches, salads and dips. You can have Classic BLT sandwich (Bacon Lettuce & Tomato) using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic BLT sandwich (Bacon Lettuce & Tomato)
- It’s 3 slices of thick cut bacon (cut in half).
- Prepare of Green leaf lettuce.
- You need of Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Miracle Whip or real mayonnaise.
- It’s of White or wheat bread.
- Prepare Dash of black pepper.
Pour off extra bacon grease during cooking, if needed, to prevent bacon from being submerged in oil. While bacon is cooking, heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. A BLT is not a well-dressed bacon sandwich. A BLT is a tomato sandwich, seasoned with bacon.
Classic BLT sandwich (Bacon Lettuce & Tomato) instructions
- Prepare bacon to desired doneness and drain on paper towels..
- Remove two or three lettuce leaves, slice tomato and set aside..
- Spread Miracle Whip or mayonnaise to both halves of sandwich and add a dash of black pepper. (bread can be toasted if you like.).
- Build your sandwich to your liking and enjoy..
From this basic premise, all else follows. Indeed, a better name for the BLT might well be the Tomato Club, for it is the perfect tomato, not the bacon, that is the rarest, the most ephemeral, the most singularly delicious ingredient. The ultimate bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich. Almost everyone has at some time had a BLT (bacon, lettuce and tomato) sandwich. They are often available pre-packed in gas stations and supermarkets in the British Isles.