Lettuce Boats. Our Skinny Taco Lettuce Boats are inspired by the delightfully tasty lettuce cups and lettuce wraps we've seen appealing to health conscious diners at trendy restaurants. We thought we'd marry the taco and the lettuce wrap into one tasty treat. These quinoa lettuce boats is everything in a meatless meal you want.
Then top with tomatoes, sprouts, carrots, cabbage, avocado, and hemp seeds (optional). Either drizzle with tahini sauce or serve on the side. Again, if you can, use Hass avocados here – they're less watery than other varieties, which makes them creamy and delicious. You can cook Lettuce Boats using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lettuce Boats
- It’s 1 pound of ground pork.
- You need 1 of small onion, finely chopped.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, finely minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of seasoned rice vinegar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fresh grated ginger (OR 1 tsp. powered ginger).
- It’s 1 dash of sriracha hot pepper sauce (go easy with this!).
- You need 1 (6 oz.) of can water chestnuts, drained and minced.
- Prepare leaves of Romaine lettuce.
- It’s of minced green onions for garnish (optional).
These Taco Lettuce Boats are the perfect lightened up addition to your Superbowl party or Taco Tuesday! Do you have your menu planned and ready to go? I'm a big fan of wings and dips when it comes to game day food, but I wanted to add one more […] Healthy Tuna Salad Recipe on Lettuce Boats. This healthy tuna salad recipe on lettuce boats is the perfect lunch or dinner idea for those on a keto diet.
Lettuce Boats instructions
- In large skillet over medium high heat, cook the onion and ground pork until pork is no longer pink, about 6 minutes. While cooking, use your spoon to break up the pork into small pieces, pea-size or smaller..
- Add the minced garlic to the meat and cook another minute..
- Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and sriracha sauce (just a small dash!) and stir well. Reduce heat to medium and stir in the diced water chestnuts. Cook another 2 minutes to heat everything through..
- I like to serve by dishing up the meat mixture in individual bowls, sprinkled with minced green onions; give everyone a teaspoon so they can fill their lettuce leaves one at a time as they eat them. You eat these similar to how you eat a taco; finger food..
Moderate protein and low carb…you can't go wrong! Slice the bottom off of the heart of romaine to create individual lettuce boats. Alright, in large skillet over medium-high heat add your diced chicken – marinade included (we wouldn't want to miss any opportunity to incorporate sauce, right?). Vietnamese Lettuce Rolls with Spicy Grilled Tofu Recipe This dish contrasts warm and cold sensations, along with firm, soft, and crunchy textures. The tofu is pressed before grilling so that it becomes firmer.