Peas & Lettuce. Compare Prices on Sweet Pea Seeds in Patio & Garden. Here are some more tips on when to start planting peas. Blend fresh basil pesto at home for Ina Garten's Pasta, Pesto and Peas recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network, and have a vibrant springtime meal.
Branches used in this fashion are. Green peas have an impressive nutrition profile. Peas definition, the round, edible seed of a widely cultivated plant, Pisum sativum, of the legume family. You can cook Peas & Lettuce using 5 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peas & Lettuce
- You need 2 c of shelled English peas, 3 lbs unshelled.
- Prepare 1 T of finely chopped fresh mint.
- It’s 4 c of thinly sliced Boston lettuce, 1 small head.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s to taste of ground pepper.
Peas combine with toasted almonds, green onions, feta cheese, mayonnaise, and balsamic vinegar. You can substitute Cheddar cheese for the feta. For best results, let it refrigerate overnight. Sweet, delicious green peas, also popular as garden peas, are one of the ancient cultivated vegetables grown for their delicious, nutritious green seeds.
Peas & Lettuce instructions
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add in peas and stir to coat. Cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until beginning to brown..
- Stir in mint, cook for 30 seconds. Add in lettuce, cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until wilted. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper..
Peas probably have originated in the sub-Himalayan plains of northwest India. Snap peas are another type of pea that some people use as a snack and in a stir-fry. Both the pods and peas are edible. The main difference is that the peas in snap peas are larger than those in snow peas. Snowbird, Dwarf Gray Sugar, and Snowflake are all good varieties worth checking out.