Spicy cauliflower lettuce wraps. On a large baking sheet, spread the diced cauliflower and drizzle with olive oil and salt. If needed, make the homemade teriyaki sauce while the cauliflower roasts.; Once the cauliflower is fork-tender, pour the teriyaki sauce on top and toss to coat. Cauliflower Rice Lettuce Wraps with Spicy Peanut Sauce.
After small cauliflower florets are roasted in a hot oven until crisp, they're tossed with the traditional hot sauce-butter mixture. Fill lettuce cups with the sauced cauliflower, top with creamy blue cheese crumbles and thinly sliced celery, and now you've got a fun appetizer or game-day snack that hits all the right notes of crunchy, spicy, salty, sour, and creamy. Make it pretty: Arrange the sauced up cauliflower in lettuce cups. You can have Spicy cauliflower lettuce wraps using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy cauliflower lettuce wraps
- It’s 1 head of cauliflower, broken down to small florets.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño, small diced.
- You need 4 of portobello mushrooms, thin sliced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 4 tbsp of soy sauce (low sodium).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of rice wine vinegar.
- It’s 1/2-1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of tobacco sauce (or Siraccha).
- It’s 2 of green onions, thin sliced.
- You need Head of romaine lettuce, cleaned and separated.
- You need 1/4 cup of parsley, diced.
Top with extra sauce, crushed peanuts, chives, and a drizzle of spicy mayo. In this recipe, roasted cauliflower florets are doused in buffalo wing sauce and wrapped up in crunchy lettuce leaves for a vegetarian take on buffalo wings. The crispy cornmeal and crumb coated cauliflower is baked to golden perfection before being tossed in a deliciously creamy and spicy sriracha-spiked sauce and wrapped up in Romaine lettuce. These thai lettuce wraps are the perfect quick and healthy weeknight meal!
Spicy cauliflower lettuce wraps step by step
- Wash your cauliflower head, remove large florets. Break down each floret into tiny florets. Remove seeds from jalapeno and dice..
- Dice your mushrooms. Heat sesame oil in skillet on medium high and add mushrooms and sautée for 3-4 minutes..
- Add the cauliflower, jalapeno and garlic. Stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring..
- Add in the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, crushed red pepper, smoked paprika, salt & pepper. Stir to coat everything. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until starts getting brown and slightly crispy..
- Add in tobacco sauce, parsley and green onion and stir..
- Serve on romaine lettuce leaves. Yum!.
- Or add grilled chicken. Yum!.
So let's go through how to make them. How to make vegan lettuce wraps: To start we are going to prepare the sweet potato and cauliflower for roasting. Then cut the cauliflower into pieces around the same size. These vegetarian Thai lettuce wraps are basically cauliflower tacos! Crispy, crunchy cauliflower lettuce wraps made of an assortment of veggies and coated in a mildly spicy Thai sauce.