Chicken Lettuce Wraps. I've tried other lettuce wrap recipes and hands down, this one comes the closest to PF Chang's chicken lettuce wraps. Ground chicken is the way to go. I didn't add the sriracha as I don't like the taste.
When I visit my mom we usually make it to P. Chang's® at least once and always start the meal with their very popular chicken lettuce wraps. They do a good job with most of the dishes I've had, but the wraps are clearly my favorite. You can cook Chicken Lettuce Wraps using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 1 lb of Ground Chicken.
- You need 2 Cloves of Garlic (minced).
- It’s 1 of Onion (diced).
- You need 1/4 cup of Hoisin Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Rice Wine Vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Freshly Grated Ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sriracha, or more, to taste.
- It’s 1 (8 ounce) of can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced.
- You need 2 of Green Onions (thinly sliced).
- Prepare to taste of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper,.
- You need 1 of head butter lettuce.
I don't do a lot of copycat recipes; these chicken lettuce wraps, however, are a delicious exception. How to make Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Let's walk through the process of making this chicken lettuce wraps recipe step-by-step. Don't forget to watch the video too!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps step by step
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat..
- Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes..
- Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste..
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style..
The first step in this lettuce wrap recipe is making the sauce. The sauce is the key to the flavor of this recipe. And I beg you not to tamper with the sauce. Filled with chicken, mushrooms, water chestnuts and carrots, these lettuce wraps are both healthy and yummy. As we veer into the warmer months, this is a meal that won't heat up your kitchen or feel too heavy to eat.