Turkey Lettuce Wraps. Browse & Share Now w/ Your Friends! Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Every bite has tender meat, crunchy veggies and a soft bib of lettuce to cover it all in a healthy combination.
Move the cooked turkey to one side of the pan, then saute veggies. Add water chestnuts along with that hoisin mixture then warm through. Turkey is a delicious and versatile protein and ground turkey is perfect for making Asian lettuce wraps. You can have Turkey Lettuce Wraps using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- You need 3 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of Minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of Minced ginger.
- You need 3 each of Chile de Arbol.
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground turkey.
- You need 1 can of Water chestnuts 8 oz.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Hoisin sauce.
- Prepare 2 cup of Cole slaw mix.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Cilantro.
- You need 1 head of Lettuce.
- It’s of Sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of Sriracha sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Spicy yellow mustard.
- Prepare 1 packages of Splenda sugar – one packet/envelope.
Your turkey lettuce wraps look healthy, delicious and easy to make!!! Weeknight and Saturday dinners with enough leftovers for the following day's lunch. Saves a lot of money doing that. Tips and Tricks For Making Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps.
Turkey Lettuce Wraps instructions
- Commence by heating sesame oil in pan. Add garlic, ginger and pepper and sauté until golden brown. NOTE: I added chile de Arbol to mine because I like to add a hint of spice. You can use just about any type of pepper or none..
- Add turkey to the mixture and cook until meat is no longer pink..
- While the meat is cooking, chop the water chestnuts and cilantro into small bite pieces..
- Add hoisin sauce to the meat mixture and cook for approximately 2 minutes..
- Add water chestnuts to the meat mixture and cook for another minute..
- Turn off the stove (but maintain pot in burner) then add the cole slaw mixture and cilantro..
- Mix all ingredients then remove pot from stove. By doing this, the veggies will maintain their crisp..
- Cut lettuce as shown below, in order to create lettuce cups..
- If you would like to make the spicy topping sauce: mix all of the sauce ingredients. Feel free to add more or less until you reached the desired spice. The sauce should taste like a sweet/spicy sauce. Pour on lettuce wrap and Enjoy!.
You can make the filling in advance and store it in the fridge or freezer (minus the toppings). Optionally use ground chicken or extra lean ground beef instead of turkey. For a spicer option try adding hot sauce, use spicy chili powder or red pepper flakes. Add the ground chicken and oils to a skillet and continually crumble the meat while it cooks. Next, add in the onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and chili garlic sauce.