Bulgogi Lettuce Wraps. Bulgogi Lettuce Wraps Bulgogi, thinly sliced beef that's marinated and grilled, is a classic Korean dish. Korean chile paste (gochujang) is the perfect sweet and spicy sauce for the dish. Once beef is cooked, you can serve it right away with a bowl of hot rice or make lettuce wraps.
The star of these bulgogi lettuce wraps is the beef flank, marinated in potent Korean flavors and broiled until nicely glazed and browned. Beef Bulgogi served with rice, cucumber, carrots, and onion wrapped up in lettuce. When it comes down to what to serve with lettuce wraps this beef bulgogi is our go-to favorite. You can have Bulgogi Lettuce Wraps using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bulgogi Lettuce Wraps
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of rib-eye steak, sliced thin.
- It’s 1/2 medium of onion, sliced moon shaped slivers.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 head of butter or boston lettuce, separated into leaves.
- Prepare 2 of jalapeño peppers, sliced thin.
- You need 4 medium of carrots, slice into thin strips.
- It’s 1 of sriracha (optional).
- Prepare of Marinade.
- You need 3 tbsp of lite soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 medium of pear.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic.
Thin slices of marinated flank steak grilled then layered in a lettuce wrap with rice, carrots, onion, and cucumber. Seriously Good Salads Amazon affiliate links are included within this post. This recipe for Bulgogi Beef Lettuce Wraps comes from a new book by Nicky Corbishley: Seriously Good Salads- Creative Flavor Combinations for Nutritious, Satisfying Meals. If you're tired of the same old salads, this is a good book to explore.
Bulgogi Lettuce Wraps step by step
- Put all of the marinade ingredients in a food processor and give several pulses till marinade is smooth..
- Pour marinade into ziploc bag with steak and onions..
- Gently massage the meat to ensure the marinade coats everything. Refrigerate overnight..
- Heat oil in a pan over high heat. Add meat shaking off excess marinade and cook until cooked through. You may want to drain liquid halfway through to make the crisp edges of meat..
- Serve on lettuce with peppers and carrots on top..
Meanwhile, to prepare bulgogi sauce, heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Bulgogi (Korean Barbecued Beef) Lettuce Wraps. This dish is great for hot summer days. The crisp lettuce makes a nice wrapper, but doesn't leave you overstuffed like a starchy wrapper can. Korean Beef (Bulgogi) Lettuce Wraps are unbelievably delicious.