Tuna Lettuce Wraps. These are a low-calorie, low-carb, but very tasty, light alternative to a tuna wrap sandwich! Try to choose larger leaves of lettuce with no tears or holes; lettuce leaves are replacing the tortilla in a traditional wrap sandwich. Cheese is optional, but even a little adds a lot of flavor.
With a side of fresh fruit or this fruit salad recipe. As a dip with pita chips and fresh veggies A good Tuna lettuce wrap is super simple and easy lunch to make. It's light, fresh and easy and definitely beats the plain old tuna sandwich. You can cook Tuna Lettuce Wraps using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tuna Lettuce Wraps
- It’s 8 oz of fresh tuna.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable oil for frying.
- Prepare 12 each of wonton wrappers, Julliene.
- Prepare 1 each of Boston bib lettuce heads.
- Prepare 1 oz of toasted sesame seed oil.
- It’s 1 each of Jalapeño shaved.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of Sriracha hot sauce.
These tuna salad lettuce wraps aren't drowning in mayo, and have so much flavor there's no way your kids will not eat this up! Low-carb and keto-friendly, these Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps are a bright and refreshing meal option for when you're craving a sandwich but don't want the bread! Plus, they're super portable and convenient for any picnic, BBQ, or potluck party. The dawning of a new era in my food blogging journey.
Tuna Lettuce Wraps step by step
- Preheat vegetable oil at 375°F.
- Fry the wonton until crispy about a minute, put in a bowl and toss with sesame oil and salt.
- Separate the leafs from the lettuce, rinse and spread them on a serving dish.
- Place the wonton threads on the lettuce cups.
- cut the Tuna in half oz pieces and place on top of the wonton, top with the shaved jalapeños and a dot of sriracha.
Canned tuna, chilies, green onion, sesame oil and a spicy mayo on top of lettuce leaves turns this into a great appetizer or even a light meal. The tuna salad begins with a mixture of albacore tuna, mayo (can be replaced with sour-cream, Greek yogurt, or mashed avocado), sriracha, onion and celery. Mix the tuna salad until creamy. Next, place or "wrap" the mixture into fresh lettuce leaves. You can use romaine, butter, iceberg, or any type of green leaf lettuce.