Mince in lettuce cups. This recipe is based on Larb Gai, the popular Thai dish made from minced chicken, fish sauce, lime juice, chilies, and fresh herbs. What you'll need to make Thai Minced Chicken Lettuce Cups How to make Lettuce Wraps. Lettuce wraps are made with ground / mince meat and vegetable filling with a savoury Chinese sauce spooned into lettuce cups, then wrapped into a roll shape to eat.
Tip the mince into a serving bowl, then serve with a bowl of lettuce leaves for wrapping the mince in; the herbs, shallots and peanuts for scattering over; and the lime wedges for squeezing. The tzatziki cuts through the spicy beef mince to calm the heat of the chillies and give it an additional flavour combination, so you get the garlic hit that you are looking for in the mince from the tzatziki. Heat half the oil in a large wok or non-stick frying pan over a high heat. You can cook Mince in lettuce cups using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mince in lettuce cups
- It’s 1 of Lean beef mince.
- Prepare 1 of chopped onion.
- It’s 5 of peeled carrots.
- You need 1 of jalapenos (your desired amount delpending on how hot you like it).
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 tsp of curry powder.
- It’s 1 of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 can of Chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of tomato pureé (small).
- Prepare 3 of baby lettuce leaves (or cabbage leaves if you prefer).
Set aside in a large bowl. Repeat with remaining oil and beef. Add remaining ingredients to beef and toss to coat.. Minced chicken in lettuce cups with hoisin-flavored chicken and crunchy vermicelli noodles served taco-style in crisp lettuce leaves.
Mince in lettuce cups step by step
- In a blender add onion, jalapenos, garlic and carrots to finely chop.
- Lightly brown beef mince in frying pan using the coconut oil.
- Add blended ingredients to the pan with mince and fry for few minutes.
- Then add tomatoes and tomato pureé to pan and let simmer for few minutes.
- Add whatever seasoning and herbs you desire and when done remove from heat.
- Add a serving spoon full of mince to each whole lettuce leag and enjoy!!.
It's budget-friendly, tasty, and easy to make weeknight dinner! Summer is almost here, and I am far from beach ready. In a small bowl, mix vinegar, sugar and salt until blended. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain and discard grease; transfer beef to a bowl.