Banana crumb muffins. A basic banana muffin is made extraordinary with a brown sugar crumb topping that will melt in your mouth. Banana Muffins are moist with a little cinnamon and nutmeg and topped with tons and tons of crumb topping. This is the best homemade banana muffins recipe perfect for breakfast!
These Banana Crumb Muffins are the best banana muffins ever, with crunchy and sweet crumbs at the top. The recipe is so easy no special equipment is needed. Just mix the batter and bake in the oven. You can cook Banana crumb muffins using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana crumb muffins
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 3 of ripe bananas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of canola oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s of Crumb topping.
- You need 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of salted butter.
These tender banana muffins are crowned with a delightfully crunchy cinnamon crumb topping that lends to their addictive nature. These Banana Muffins with a Crunchy Pecan Topping are the best. Fast and easy and made in one bowl. The perfect breakfast or snack muffin recipe.
Banana crumb muffins step by step
- Mash 3 ripe bananas with a fork. Beat in 1 egg, and mix in the white and brown sugar. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and mix in 1/3 cup of canola oil..
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon..
- Fold in the banana mixture with the flour mixture. Mix until just combined..
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius. Start making the crumb topping; Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar with 2 tablespoons all purpose flour and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon of cold butter until the mixture resembles course crumbs..
- Grease or line a muffin pan. Spoon the batter into the tins. 3/4 full. Sprinkle the top of each muffin with 1 tablespoon of the crumb topping..
- Bake at 190 degrees celsius for 18 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the muffin comes out clean..
- Leave the muffins to cool in the tins for 10-15 minutes. Slide a butter knife around the edges to remove, and place on a wire rack to cool completely..
These banana bread crumb muffins taste like something fresh from a bakery! The banana bread muffin is just that; moist, fluffy, tender banana bread in muffin form. These scrumptious banana crumb muffins are a great snack or morning treat! Try them out soon, they're super simple to make! Want to see more baking videos?