Garbanzo Mini Lettuce Wraps. It's more or less the juice of half of a lemon/lime These healthy chickpea lettuce wraps have a nice "pop" from the chickpeas, crunch from the walnuts, crispness from the celery, and a nice chew from the raisins! I haven't even told you about my favorite part of these lettuce wraps, though! They're super fast and easy to put together.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes. A few months back I posted this recipe for Spicy Basil Lettuce Chicken Wraps. Made with PF Chang's lettuce wraps in mind, I created the aformentioned recipe as a healthier alternative. You can have Garbanzo Mini Lettuce Wraps using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Garbanzo Mini Lettuce Wraps
- You need 1 can of cooked garbanzo beans (15 oz.).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- It’s 1/4 medium of red onion (chopped).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon or lime juice (whatever you have). It's more or less the juice of half of a lemon/lime.
- You need 1 of Salt & pepper – to taste.
- You need 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 6 large of romaine lettuce leaves.. use more or less depending on how many wraps you want.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cilantro pesto (optional).
Spicy Chickpea Lettuce Wraps with Cilantro Jalapeno Sauce Lettuce wraps filled with spicy chickpeas topped with a creamy cilantro sauce. These quick and flavorful lettuce wraps make a filling fiber filled meatless vegetarian lunch or dinner in minutes! How to make Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps: First prep your veggies and sauces. Preheat a large non stick skillet to medium high heat.
Garbanzo Mini Lettuce Wraps instructions
- Drain & rinse the garbanzo beans.
- Throw all of the ingredients (except for the lettuce leaves, obviously) into a large bowl or something where it won't make a mess.
- Using a potato masher or whatever you can find if you don't have one, get creative, smash the mixture until you don't see any more round garbanzos around..
- Put some of the mixture into one of the lettuce leaves but don't put too much in, otherwise it wont wrap up well. Place it towards the wider part of the leaf. The garbanzos should be in a sort of parallel line with the stem of the leaf..
- Wrap it up – Fold the sides where the garbanzos are inwards so that it covers some of them. Then, gently, roll the rest of the leaf following the stem line. Be careful when wrapping it, the leaves can break easily..
- optional – If you want to want to try it with the cilantro pesto (which I highly recommend you do), I used the one from this recipe.. just but a bit all around the leaf before wrapping it up: http://thugkitchen.com/post/46773308203/im-so-tired-of-mother-fuckers-asking-where-do.
Add the oil and frozen meat crumbles. Lay lettuce wraps flat and spoon in chickpea mixture. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy. To assemble your lettuce wraps, take a leaf of lettuce, and top it with your marinated chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, olive tapenade, avocado, and Lemon Tahini Sauce. Drizzle with leftover chickpea marinating liquid if desired.