Chicken or Tofu Lettuce Wraps. The tofu is a tender and the mushrooms are juicy deliciousness, but the key to making these vegan mushroom tofu lettuce wraps is all in the sauce. The sauce is the perfect combo of sweet, salty, tangy and spicy, with the tiniest hint of creamy peanut butter deliciousness. Fresh and healthy Vietnamese Lettuce wraps can be made with baked chicken or baked tofu and are so fast and easy!
Drain tofu; press out excess liquid with paper towels. In a food processor combine about half of the tofu, coleslaw mix, water chestnuts, green onions, and cilantro. Cover and process with several on/off pulses until finely chopped. You can cook Chicken or Tofu Lettuce Wraps using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken or Tofu Lettuce Wraps
- It’s 1 packages of Chicken.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sliced or chopped mushrooms.
- It’s 1 head of Lettuce.
- Prepare 1 packages of Chicken.
- You need 1 tbsp of Rice Vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
Repeat with the remaining tofu, coleslaw mix, water chestnuts, green onions, and. Chicken or Tofu Lettuce Wraps instructions. While chicken is cooking, begin chopping desired vegetables such as carrots and mushrooms. Once chicken is cooked, add vegetables to pan of chicken.
Chicken or Tofu Lettuce Wraps instructions
- Cook chicken strips for 5 to 7 mins or until slightly brown.
- While chicken is cooking, begin chopping desired vegetables such as carrots and mushrooms.
- Once chicken is cooked, add vegetables to pan of chicken. Continue to cook..
- Add 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce to chicken..
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar to pan..
- Add 1 tablespoon of Rice Vinegar to chicken..
- Stir all ingredients together for about 2 mins..
- Peel lettuce head for each leaf..
- Add to scoops of stir fry to one lettuce leaf and Enjoy..
- Substituting the chicken or tofu is a great option for my fellow Vegan or Vegetarians..
Asian chicken lettuce wraps are packed with lean ground chicken, fresh vegetables and tons of flavor. It's a low-carb meal that is full of simple, healthy ingredients and it's gluten-free. Add the ground chicken and oils to a skillet and continually crumble the meat while it cooks. Next, add in the onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and chili garlic sauce. Remove the tofu from its packaging and drain.