Easy Insta Pot Dried Baby Lima Beans. Add the crumbled bacon to the lima beans along with the remaining ingredients. Baby lima beans (aka butterbeans) are one of my favorite foods in the whole world. I've even been known to eat a bowl of these for breakfast.
Steam release knob should be set on "sealing". Okay, the Instant Pot doesn't actually laugh (it is just an appliance ;)), but it certainly would if it could. And here's the best part…soaking isn't required. You can have Easy Insta Pot Dried Baby Lima Beans using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Insta Pot Dried Baby Lima Beans
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- You need 4 Slices of Smoked Bacon Diced.
- Prepare 1 of \2 Onion Chopped.
- It’s 1 of \2 Teaspoon Salt.
- It’s 1 of \2 Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper.
- Prepare 2 Cloves of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 6 Cups of Water.
- You need 3 of Chicken Bouillon Cubes.
- It’s 1 Pound of Dry Baby Lima Beans (Sorted and Rinsed not pre Soaked).
- Prepare of Cook 60 minutes release high pressure.
- It’s 1 Cup of Leftover Diced Smoked Ham.
- Prepare of Chopped Parsley for Garnish.
Instant Pot Large Lima Beans Beans are a popular meal down here, and we eat them year round in the south. Heck, red beans and rice dinners are practically a religion down here along the Gulf Coast, and a diner staple every single Monday of the year, all year long. Even with slow stewing on the stovetop, these beans don't require a lot of tending to, but factor in the Instant Pot, or whatever. Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot, and add the oil.
Easy Insta Pot Dried Baby Lima Beans step by step
- Add first 5 ingredients and sauté for 5-7 minutes. Add Minced Garlic during the last couple of minutes..
- Add water, chicken bouillon cubes, and baby lima beans. Cover and pressure cook for 1 hour. When done, carefully do a quick pressure release. Add diced ham. Check for tenderness, and seasonings. Garnish with chopped parsley. Enjoy!.
- Note: If not enough liquid, add additional chicken stock if needed..
Add chopped onion and vegetables, and sauté until soft. Add broth, beans and red pepper flakes; stir well. Cover Instant Pot, twist to lock the lid, and turn the valve to sealing. Turn Instant Pot on saute mode and add the vegetable oil. Cook on high pressure for the directed time.