Cajun butter beans an shrimp. Thick, creamy and seasoned to south Louisiana perfection, my Cajun butter beans with shrimp and sausage are the ultimate all-in-one comfort food. Large white lima beans, soaked all night for optimal tenderness, then cooked down with the browned Cajun trinity, sausage and a broth/water mixture til tender. Finished off with plump, seasoned shrimp that release […] Directions.
Add beans and enough of the shrimp stock to just cover. White Beans and Rice is a staple comfort food in South Louisiana. It doesn't get the press that it's city cousin, Red Beans and Rice, gets but ask any Native of South Louisiana and they'll tell you how wonderful a plate of white beans can be. You can cook Cajun butter beans an shrimp using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cajun butter beans an shrimp
- It’s 1 cup of flour 1 cup oil – roux.
- You need 3 (6 oz) of packs fresh baby Lima beans.
- You need Half of stick butter.
- You need 32 oz of can rotel.
- You need of Water.
- You need of Cajun seasoning to your liking.
- It’s of Red pepper half a teaspoon.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of Parsley flakes.
- It’s of Garlic powder to your liking.
- You need 2 lbs of decent size shrimp.
- It’s of Cajun trinity onions,bellepeppers,celery.
- You need of Couple frozen packs all ready chopped.
Usually simmered with sausage or ham, the mild beans soak up the flavor from the seasonings with which they are cooked. Cajun Garlic Butter Shrimp is made in the most amazing cajun garlic butter sauce. Large lima beans, or butter beans as we refer to them in my part of the Deep South, have a lovely creamy texture, and with this mix of seasonings, are Stir in the butter, parsley, and a pinch of Cajun seasoning. This cajun shrimp is delicious and so easy – slightly spicy, slightly smoky, and bursting with flavor!
Cajun butter beans an shrimp step by step
- Make your roux with flour an oil to dark brown.
- Then add yeah season blend cook for minute or two then add rotel, and butter.
- Add beans an stir good add water to cover beans an cook on simmer for 3 hours or till your beans or cooked down then add shrimp cook for about another hour !.
This recipe is naturally keto and low carb, as well as low calorie. It works in a wide variety of dishes – from salads. Repeat until all shrimp and sausage is used. In a medium bowl, whisk to combine butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, thyme, and spices. Season with salt and pepper, then brush all over skewers.