Mushroom Pearl Barley Risotto. Make this easy risotto recipe using high fibre pearl barley instead of rice. Packed with mushrooms and spinach, it makes an easy but filling meal for Add the barley, mix with the onions and gradually add the stock, stirring frequently. Mushroom Barley Risotto is unique and elegant.
Don't worry if you think the portions look small; pearl-barley is very filling and the mushrooms are full of flavour. In other words, a little goes a long way. The original recipe came from supplement to a Sainsburys magazine, called 'The Best of Italy'. You can cook Mushroom Pearl Barley Risotto using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mushroom Pearl Barley Risotto
- Prepare 500 g of chopped mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 cup of Pearl Barley.
- You need leaves of Basil.
- Prepare of Ground pepper.
- You need 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s of Serve with.
- It’s leaves of Aragula.
- Prepare of Balsamic vinegar.
I've been hoarding it for two years and am really. Try this fantastic risotto made with pearl barley, chicken, leeks and mushrooms for a delicious, healthy and hearty meal. Increase the heat and pour in the wine. Barley is a great substitute for risotto, especially when you don't have a lot of time to spend stirring the pot.
Mushroom Pearl Barley Risotto instructions
- In a large pot heat some olive oil. Add basil leaves and the cut mushrooms. Cook till the mushrooms are soft..
- Add the Pearl Barley. Fry for a couple of mins. Add 2.5 cups of water, pepper and the veg stock cubes.
- Cook for 30 mins or till the barley is cooked. Slowly add grated cheese and taste for salt. Typically the veg stock cubes have salt, else, add salt as per taste.
- Turn off the stove.
- Add some aragula leaves to the serving dish and add balsamic sauce on top. Serve the barley risotto hot..
I have an anarchic view of risotto – this one uses pearl barley instead of rice for a nutty flavour and interesting texture. Pearl barley is used in the place of the standard arborio rice, lending its dense, chewy texture to this savory and cheesy meal. This rich and creamy risotto is paired perfectly with meaty, sautéed mushrooms and sweet caramelized onions. Pearl barley is used in the place of the standard arborio. The risotto can be refrigerated overnight.