Cold barley salad with pomelo, pomegranate, cashews, and shiso. A simple delicious recipe for Watermelon Shiso Salad with Cucumber, Sesame Seeds and Scallions – a light and refreshing Asian style Watermelon Salad that Here's a refreshing Watermelon Salad with crunchy cucumbers, shiso leaves, scallions and a simple Sesame-Lime Dressing. Dark greens, roasted vegetables, and citrus fruits of all colors and stripes are the real players in January and February. They make salads that are both hearty and flavorful.
Lemon and parsley give it a bright, fresh note to contrast the rich flavor from Stir the barley, cucumber, red pepper, cheese, olives and green onions in a large bowl. Remove peel and white pith from pomelos. Tear membrane off and pull segments into large pieces, transferring to a large bowl as you go. You can have Cold barley salad with pomelo, pomegranate, cashews, and shiso using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cold barley salad with pomelo, pomegranate, cashews, and shiso
- It’s 1/2 cup of or so of cold barley (actually Job's tears in this case but same thing for these purposes).
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped pomelo.
- You need 1/4 cup of or so of pomegranate seeds.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of chopped and toasted cashews.
- It’s 2 of shiso leaves, chopped up.
- Prepare 1 of small shallot, finely minced.
- You need 1 of slug of olive oil (say, a tsp or so).
- You need 1 of healthy squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare to taste of Salt,.
Sprinkle pomegranate seeds over the top, and drizzle with vinaigrette. The best dressing for this is if you can find pomegranate molasses and whisk in some EVOO little sugar and a dash of S & P. You can also buy pomegranate seeds already cleaned and ready at Trader Joes! In a bowl, whisk the oil with the vinegar and shallot and season with salt and pepper.
Cold barley salad with pomelo, pomegranate, cashews, and shiso instructions
- Chop, toast, and mince as indicated above, then mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Add oil, lemon juice, and salt, and give a good mix again. Taste and adjust until you want to eat it..
- Cover it then pop it in the fridge for an hour or so to let it chill and allow the flavors to come together..
Add the Thyme-Scented Pearled Barley, pine nuts, apple, pomegranate seeds and parsley; toss before serving. This salad has as a few special touches that really raise its flavour profile: grapes that sauteed with olive oil, sesame oil, garlic, pine nuts until soft and fragrant; and a vibrant shiso dressing. I also like to marinade shiso leaves in soy. DIRECTIONS Boil large pot of water, add barley. Drain and rinse under cold running water.