Barley/Coix seeds/Job's tears drink with ginkgo nut (银杏果) and white lotus seed (白莲子). Job's Tears and Pearl Barley If you come across something that looks very similar to pearl barley – spherical in shape, pearl in color, having a brownish groove on one side, but is about twice the size of it, then it is probably coix seeds. Over medium heat, put in job's tears, shelled ginkgo nuts and dried beancurd skins. Give some gentle stirs to avoid the ingredients sticking to the bottom.
Coix seeds are shaped like tears and are found in different colors such as purple, white, brown and yellow. Find out the ginkgo nuts (银杏坚果) health benefits and side effects. For the same reason, ginkgo seeds should be consumed in limited quantities to enjoy them safely as food. You can have Barley/Coix seeds/Job's tears drink with ginkgo nut (银杏果) and white lotus seed (白莲子) using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Barley/Coix seeds/Job's tears drink with ginkgo nut (银杏果) and white lotus seed (白莲子)
- It’s 2 of soup spoon of barley of any kind (cook faster if pre-soak).
- Prepare 20 of ginkgo nuts (open and remove sprouts).
- You need 20 of white lotus seed (cut in half and remove sprouts) (cook softer if pre-soak).
- You need 1-2 of soup spoon of 雪莲子(optional).
Gingko biloba is a large, long-living, deciduous tree in the family of Ginkgoaceae, and is the only existing member of the genus. Interventional therapy combining Seed of Job's-tears with lipiodol for hepatoma-bearing rats. Chinese medicine, Coix seeds increase peripheral cytotoxic T and NK cells. This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: San Ren Tang (Three Nut Decoction) Category: Formulas that Clear Damp-Heat..
Barley/Coix seeds/Job's tears drink with ginkgo nut (银杏果) and white lotus seed (白莲子) instructions
- Remove sprouts from ginkgoko nuts and lotus seed. Discard the sprouts..
- Put all ingredients into the pot..
- Cooking using A) Pressure cooking: add 1.25 litres of water and select soup function.
- OR B) stove top: add 1.5 litres of water. After boiling, turn fire to medium high and cook for 30 minutes. Turn to low and cook for 30 minutes..
The top supplying country or region is China. Folk names include Job's tears or coix seeds. This barley recipe contains Chinese pearl barley, lotus seeds and red dates and is a sweet Chinese soupy dessert. It is a very light dessert, a gentle way to end a meal. Ginkgo nuts are a type of food grown from the ginkgo biloba tree, a native Chinese plant.