Barley Bacon Tacos.
You can cook Barley Bacon Tacos using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Barley Bacon Tacos
- You need 1 cup of dried barley.
- It’s 1/4 lb of chopped country bacon.
- Prepare 1 of coarse salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 of canola oil.
- You need 3 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 cup of ripped-up spinach.
- You need 1 of corn tortillas.
- You need 1 of shredded cheese.
- Prepare of pico de gallo.
- You need 1 of large, plump tomato.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño.
- You need 1/2 of medium vidalia onion.
- Prepare 1/3 of medium cucumber.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s pinch of salt.
Barley Bacon Tacos step by step
- Rinse barley, sort out anything that isn't barley.
- Toast barley in saucepan with 1 tbsp. canola oil and pinch of salt. 4 minutes or so.
- Add water to barley and reduce heat to simmer. At this point begin cooking bacon on low.
- While the barley and bacon cook, dice up ingredients for pico de gallo (I added cucumber posthumously).
- Mix pico de gallo together with olive oil and pinch of salt.
- Throw spinach in with bacon, stir for 30 seconds or until wilted.
- Stir in barley and cumin, coating completely with bacon grease.
- Warm up corn tortillas, cover them in shredded cheese, then pile everything together with sour cream on top.