Beef and Barley Soup.
You can have Beef and Barley Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef and Barley Soup
- You need 1 lb of beef (any steak will do).
- You need 1 c of uncooked barley.
- You need 5 of medium potatoes.
- It’s 3-4 of carrots.
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 7-8 cups of beef broth ( can be replaced with bullion and water).
- You need 1 tsp of parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of celery seed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter (optional).
Beef and Barley Soup instructions
- Prepare steak by cutting into 1/2 inch pieces..
- Prepare vegetables by cutting into 1/2 inch pieces..
- Add all ingredients together in a large pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to just below medium heat. Allow soup to simmer for 30-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender..
- Optional cooking method: combine all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Meat will be more tender using this method..