Mommas Beef Meatball Soup with Barley.
You can have Mommas Beef Meatball Soup with Barley using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mommas Beef Meatball Soup with Barley
- You need 2 of carrots chopped small dice.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery chopped small dice.
- It’s 1/2 of cooking onion chopped small dice.
- Prepare 2 cup of chicken broth (bought or made).
- You need 3 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of bread crumbs(or just enough to hold it together).
- You need 1 of ground garlic, salt, fresh ground black pepper, and secret spice( mine is ground sage) to taste.
- It’s 1 small of palm full of Oregano.
- You need 1/2 of red pepper diced.
- Prepare 1 of green onion diced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of pearl barley.
Mommas Beef Meatball Soup with Barley instructions
- Pour chicken stock into sauce pan and add chopped veg and simmer.
- in the meantime, add all remaing ingredients, except green onion and red pepper, into a bowl and mix well..
- Make tiny one bite meatballs!!(around 20) When all your balls are made drop them gently into the simmering broth to slowly simmer.Add in pearl barley!.
- Simmer for at least an hour! Just before serving add green onion and red pepper stir into pot and take off the heat!!.
- Serve with crusty bread or buns and enjoy!!!.