Sop buntut. Indonesian sop buntut is seasoned with shallot, garlic and native spices such as black pepper, nutmeg, and clove. A relatively new variant is called sop buntut goreng (fried oxtail soup), where the oxtail is. Indonesian famous sop buntut (oxtail soup) that tastes as good as the one you find in some of the best Indonesian restaurants.
This was a popular street food that has made its way to restaurant menu. I love the tenderness of the oxtail. Terima kasih Pelanggan Sop Buntut Ibu Samino Senayan. You can cook Sop buntut using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sop buntut
- You need of stock.
- You need 400 g of meaty oxtails, cut into 5cm lengths.
- Prepare 4-6 tbsp of olive oil or vegetable oil.
- You need of sea salt and cracked pepper.
- You need 1 of onion, peeled and roughly chopped.
- You need 1 of medium carrot, peeled and roughly chopped.
- You need 1 stick of celery, washed and roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 of whole nutmeg.
- You need leaf of bay.
- It’s 1 l of water.
- Prepare of soup.
- Prepare 1 of large potato, peeled and cubed approx 1cm.
- You need 1 of leek, washed and sliced approx 2mm thick.
- It’s 1 of large stick celery, washed and finely diced.
- You need 1 of medium carrot, peeled and finely diced.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, peeled and finely diced.
- You need 1-2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely sliced.
- You need 1 handful of cherry tomatoes, halved (or use a small regular tomato, cut into wedges).
- You need 1/8 cup of barley.
- It’s of small handful of freshly picked basil (garnish), flash fried.
This is Indonesian version, served with vegetables and rich but clear beef broth. Oxtail soup is one of popular dish in Asian, one of them is Indonesia. We called it "sop buntut" in Indonesia. The Best Oxtail Soup In Town – Jl.
Sop buntut instructions
- Season the oxtails generously with salt and pepper. Heat half of the oil in a heavy based pot. Sear the oxtail, in batches, till browned all over. Set aside..
- Discard any excess oil and add the roughly chopped, onion, carrot, celery, cinnamon stick, nutmeg, bayleaf and about 1-1½ litres of water to the pot. Bring to the boil and reduce to a gentle simmer, add the oxtail and continue to simmer for 3-4 hours or until the meat is tender and pulling away from the bone. During this time be sure to skim any nasties that come to the surface..
- Once the meat is done remove from the pot and set aside. Strain out the stock into a clean bowl or container (discarding the aromatics and vegetables) and place the stock into the fridge to cool right down. Any fat within the stock will rise to the surface and solidify making it really easy to remove..
- When the oxtail is cool enough to handle remove the meat using your hands and set aside, the bones can be discarded..
- In a large soup pot heat the remaining oil, add the all the soup ingredients, except for the barley and parsley, and gently sauté while stirring for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables have softened, at which time, you can add the oxtail stock and bring to a gentle simmer..
- Add the barley and the shredded oxtail and simmer gently for 30 minutes or until the barley is tender. If at any stage the soup is becoming too thick you can stir in a little water to retain the desired consistency..
- Season generously with salt and pepper and serve with crispy flash fried parsley..
Sop Buntut served in soup made of beef broth containing boiled potato, carrot, tomato, leek, celery, and topped with fried shallots. Sop buntut is usually consumed with steam rice accompanied with sambal, sweet soy sauce, keripik (Indonesian crackers) and lime juice. Sop Buntut – Oxtail Soup -. Sop Buntut Bogor Cafe. Индонезийский ресторан, Супный ресторан и Кулинария. Hidangan sop buntut akan dapat menghangatkan tubuh dan membuat selera makana anda semakin tergugah.