Brown Rice & Seaweed Salad.
You can cook Brown Rice & Seaweed Salad using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brown Rice & Seaweed Salad
- Prepare 1 cup of brown/wild rice (I used barley and millet).
- It’s 21/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of pumpkin seeds.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1-2 of spring onions.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of finely sliced pickled sushi ginger or grated fresh ginger.
- You need 3 Tbsp of mirin or lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 2 Tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 Tbsp of soy sauce,.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of sliced nori (seaweed sheets).
- It’s of Frozen peas (if desired).
Brown Rice & Seaweed Salad step by step
- Cook your rice or barley (I used a rice cooker).
- While rice is cooking roast your pumpkin seeds. Once these are roasted transfer to a bowl and pour over the soy sauce, mix and set aside to cool..
- Cook your peas.
- Combine the mirin or lemon juice, sesame oil, and soy sauce, spring onion.
- Stir all the ingredients into the rice and half the pumpkin seeds. Transfer to a serving dish..
- Just before serving, stir in most of the pumpkin seeds and half the nori. Scatter the remaining pumpkin seeds and nori over the top of the rice..