Ham and broccoli casserole. Layers of French fries, broccoli and ham topped with a creamy soup mixture and sprinkled with cheese. "This is a great, easy to make, and nutritious casserole. You can add some macaroni pasta or try seasoning the potatoes before you bake. If you have leftover ham, this easy casserole recipe is for you!
It's a very easy layered casserole held together with an easy cheese sauce. The buttered panko crumb topping gives the dish extra flavor and crunch. This Broccoli Cheese Casserole is a family favorite! You can have Ham and broccoli casserole using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ham and broccoli casserole
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, diced.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 head of broccoli, chopped into 1/4 in florets, stems peeled and diced 1/4 in thick.
- You need 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
- You need 1 cup of ricotta cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream or plain greek yogurt.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 3 cup of cooked barley, rice, or orzo.
- You need 1/2 lb of cooked ham, diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of basil, julienned.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of monterey jack cheese, shredded.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper, to taste.
Pasta, broccoli and tender ham is tossed in a quick and easy from scratch cheese sauce. In this easy broccoli cheese casserole recipe I've added ham and fresh broccoli to turn a traditional mac & cheese into a complete meal! This creamy and Healthy Broccoli Casserole with ham is made with creamy cauliflower sauce. No cream or cans of cream soup whatsoever.
Ham and broccoli casserole step by step
- Cook barley (or whatever grain you're using). Chop ham and broccoli..
- Preheat oven to 350..
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a Dutch oven. Reduce heat and saute onion until softened. Add garlic and saute 1 minute more..
- Add broccoli and salt, and return pot to medium-high heat. Stir fry until broccoli begins to brown. Add water, cover and steam until broccoli is tender. Season with salt and pepper..
- In small bowl, whisk together ricotta, sour cream, and eggs..
- Add cooked barley, cooked ham, and basil to the pot. Add ricotta mixture and 1 cup of the cheese..
- Sprinkle top with remaining cheese..
- Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly..
I am considering this a healthy ham casserole recipe because it is loaded with vegetables. The main ingredients are broccoli and cauliflower florets. Melt remaining butter; toss with remaining stuffing mix. This easy weeknight ham and broccoli casserole features a flavorful cream sauce composed of cream cheese, mayo, and full-fat yogurt. I've been in the mood for a classic, homestyle, casserole and this recipe really fits the bill.