You can cook Momi Scones using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Momi Scones
- You need 2 1/2 cup of Flour.
- You need 3 tsp of Castor sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Baking powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of Butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sweet malted barley powder / horlick.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Buttermilk.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- You need of Buttermilk Sub.
- You need 3 tsp of Lemon juice / Vinegar – Let them stand for 5 minutes.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Fresh milk.
Momi Scones step by step
- In a mixing bowl, place the flour then add in the baking soda, cream of tartar and sugar. Simply mix them then add in the butter and shortening then rub them to mix before you add in the buttermilk or milk with lemon juice/vinegar.
- Knead them few minutes to turn them into a soft dough. Roll them into about 4cm and take a round cutter, soak the cutterr in the flour then cut them into few pieces.
- Arrange in the oven tray, brush with an egg wash and bake at 190 for 10-12 minutes.