Lamb With Spring Vegetables. Where I live, spring drags its feet. This warming bowl of lamb stew is a welcome harbinger of things to come, while fitting the bill for the chilly days of spring. The meat and veggies swim in a rich broth that is truly slurp-able, and the spring vegetables add a sprightly touch.
Slice lamb and arrange on a large platter. Spoon vegetables around meat, sprinkle with parsley and remaining tablespoon of chopped mint. Young spring lamb should be used in this dish, which consists of layers of sliced lamb loin, caramelized turnips, and a mixture of braised vegetables. You can have Lamb With Spring Vegetables using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lamb With Spring Vegetables
- Prepare 5 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 6 of shallots, chopped.
- You need 1 of garlic clove, chopped.
- It’s 2 of celery sticks, chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- You need 700 grams of boned leg or shoulder of lamb, cut into 1 inch cubes.
- You need 1 1/2 pints of chicken stock.
- You need 115 grams of pearl barley, rinsed.
- Prepare 225 grams of baby carrots.
- You need 225 grams of small turnips, diced.
- It’s 225 grams of frozen petits pois, thawed.
- It’s 225 grams of frozen baby broad beans, thawed.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of chopped fresh parsley, to garnish.
Scatter any remaining vegetables around the plates. Ladle some of the juice over and around the vegetables. He visits a cheese maker of the region and learns the secrets of the best Pyrenees cheeses. In the kitchen, top French chef Philippe Mouchel prepares a classic dish of lamb stew with vegetables, called navarin d'agneau printanier.
Lamb With Spring Vegetables instructions
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large saucepan. Add the shallots, garlic and celery and cook over a low heat, which stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, until softened and lightly browned..
- Meanwhile, season the flour with salt and pepper and roll the lamb cubes until well coated..
- Transfer vegetables to the slowcooker. Add remaining oil to pan and down off the lamb cubes..
- Gradually stir in the stock and add the pearl barley, turnips and carrots – season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil before transferring to the slowcooker. Stir well and cook on low for 8 hours..
- Add petits pois and broad beans to the slowcooker, stirring well. Cook for a further 30 minutes..
- Serve garnished with parsley..
The butter tender roast lamb is accompanied by fine young vegetables, but with a light rather than rich sauce. All of this brings vitamins, minerals and protein to the table. Navarin of Spring Lamb and Baby vegetables. On a table Medium rare lamb cutlets with spring vegetables. Season lamb with salt and pepper, and place in casserole.