Stuffed Sweet Dumpling Squash with Sausage.
You can have Stuffed Sweet Dumpling Squash with Sausage using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Sweet Dumpling Squash with Sausage
- You need 2 of sweet dumpling squash.
- It’s 1 pkg of Oscar Meyer selects natural Italian herb sausage, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of quinoa.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pearled barley.
- Prepare 1 of yellow pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1 of red onion, chopped.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of red pepper flakes (more or less depending on taste).
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s of Shredded cheese, optional.
Stuffed Sweet Dumpling Squash with Sausage instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F Cut squash in half, stem to bottom. Scoop out seeds and either roast or discard. Place squash in shallow pan face down and add about a 1/4 inch of water. Roast for 40 minutes, or until squash soft. When done, scoop out squash meat, mash with a fork until lumpy and set aside. So not toss rind..
- While squash is cooking, combine quinoa, pearled barley and water in a pot with a tight fitting lid. Heat on high, uncovered, until boiling and then simmer on low heat, covered for twenty minutes..
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add remaining ingredients, minus cheese and cook until peppers are done to your desired doneness..
- Combine squash, quinoa mixture and sausage. Stir well and fill squash rind with mix. Return to oven and cook an additional 15-20 minutes at 375°F..
- Top with optional cheese and serve..