Thai Basil Fried Rice.
You can have Thai Basil Fried Rice using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai Basil Fried Rice
- It’s 2.5 tablespoons of neutral oil.
- You need 3 of gloves garlic chopped.
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger chopped.
- It’s 1 of onion chopped.
- It’s 2 cups of cooked Nishiki brand short grain white rice (one day old rice is best).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of mirin.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of rice wine vinegar.
- You need 3 of eggs beaten.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1 cup of Thai basil chopped.
- It’s 3 of scallions.
Thai Basil Fried Rice step by step
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in large pan or wok over medium high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger and sauté until translucent.
- Turn heat to high and add rice.
- Add soy sauces, 1 teaspoon fish sauce, mirin, and vinegar and stir until combined.
- Spread rice along bottom of pan and do not stir for at least 1.5 min. Once rice on bottom is crispy, stir in peas and Thai basil.
- Remove rice from pan once the peas are fully defrosted and the Thai basil wilts.
- Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil to pan. Add beaten eggs and remaining teaspoon of fish sauce. Continuously stir until eggs are cooked.
- Combine eggs with rice and top with scallions. Enjoy!.