Basil Yellow Rice.
You can have Basil Yellow Rice using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Basil Yellow Rice
- Prepare of Rice.
- You need 100 gr of rice.
- Prepare 150 ml of water.
- It’s of Seasonings.
- You need 7 cloves of shallots.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of chilli (if you like spicy, otherwise don’t use it).
- It’s 2 tsp of shrimp paste.
- You need 2 cm of turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of White pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of chicken stock powder.
- You need 15 of basil leaves.
- It’s of Garnish.
- You need 5 of basil leaves.
- Prepare 2 slices of fresh tomato.
Basil Yellow Rice instructions
- Cook the rice. Leave overnight in the fridge for the better texture..
- Mix shallots, garlic, chilli, shrimp paste and turmeric in food processor or pestle and mortar..
- Put oil in the pan over low medium heat. Add the mixture above into the plan. Stir for 5 minutes until it’s fragrant..
- Add rice. Mix well until the colour looks even. Add salt, pepper, chicken stock powder to taste. Add basil leaves. Mix altogether. Cook for another 5 minutes..
- Serve with basil leaves on top and sliced tomatoes. Enjoy while it’s hot!.