Brad's bourbon candied pecans. Bourbon adds a rich sweetness to these crunchy candied roasted pecan recipes. Bourbon gives a sweetness to these tasty pecan recipes, and the spices make it very fall! Almost every weekend in the summer we take a trip down to the Omaha Farmer's Market to load up on fresh produce, locally.
So, I've made a few batches to use up the giant bag of pecans I bought for the cupcakes. Sweet and nutty, this candied pecan bourbon is the perfect cocktail to serve while sitting on the porch watching the sun set. In small saucepan mix together water, sugar, and candied pecans. You can have Brad's bourbon candied pecans using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's bourbon candied pecans
- It’s 2 cups of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 oz of bourbon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of water.
- You need 4 cups of pecan halves.
Bring to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved. Take off heat and strain out pecans. Making maple bourbon pecans is easy. Just grab a bottle of your favorite bourbon (or swap it out based on the flavor profiles above) and begin!
Brad's bourbon candied pecans step by step
- Place everything except pecans in a lg frying pan. Heat over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved. And mixture is very bubbly..
- Add pecans and cook in pan for 3 minutes stirring constantly..
- Remove pan from heat. Stir often until mixture starts to set up and pecans are glazed evenly..
- Lay out on a cookie sheet or waxed paper to completely cool..
- Break up and serve by themselves or add to any holiday dish desired. Enjoy..
Add bourbon and maple syrup and mix together. Candied Pecans – deliciously sweet, crunchy and totally addictive pecans that smell so heavenly and ridiculously good with notes of Bourbon, nutmeg and cayenne pepper. Perfect for dessert and salad toppings, for snacking or as holiday gifts. Reduce the pecans in bourbon with brown sugar until a light caramelization takes place. For the topping, in a bowl combine chopped pecan, melted butter, vanilla extract, light brown sugar and bacon.