Tomato Basil Soup. Cooked tomatoes and tomato juice are pureed with fresh basil leaves in this soup thickened with heavy cream. All Reviews for Rich and Creamy Tomato Basil Soup. This Easy Tomato Basil Soup is for those times when I am feeling virtuous and when I don't have much time.
Use an immersion or countertop blender to blend the soup until smooth. Serve Ina Garten's Roasted Tomato Basil Soup recipe, made with canned and fresh plum tomatoes, for an elegant starter from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. This rich and flavorful tomato basil soup, filled with bright basil, roasted Roma tomatoes, roasted garlic, and a hint of spice from red pepper flakes, is unlike any other tomato soup that you've tasted. You can have Tomato Basil Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Soup
- It’s 2 of , 28 oz cans stewed whole tomato.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 of sweet potato.
- You need 2 carton of chicken stock (32 oz each).
- Prepare 1 c of celery.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s 1 pinch of sugar.
- Prepare of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Basil leaves, cut thin.
- You need 3 tablespoon of neutral oil.
- Prepare 12 oz of Heavy cream.
This Homemade Tomato Basil Soup, however, tops my list. Made with simple ingredients like tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, onions, and basil, you know exactly what you're eating when you enjoy a. This soup requires minimal ingredients but yields such amazing results! Here you combine several pounds of fresh tomatoes (which you roast to perfection), several cups of fresh basil.
Tomato Basil Soup step by step
- Prep: Rustic cut the onion, and celery. Peel, thin “coin slice” the carrot, and cut sweet potato to approx. 1 inch dice. Set aside.
- In a deep saucepan, add neutral oil, sweet potato, and carrots. Sauté over medium-low heat until both soften a bit, then add: onion and celery. Continue cooking.
- When celery and onion soften, add tomato paste, and increase heat to full medium. As heat increases you want a slight burn of the paste on the bottom of the pan. Slight!!! Nothing crazy!.
- Once you get a decent char from the tomato paste, add chicken stock, and tomatoes.(do not drain tomatoes) Reduce heat to medium-low, and reduce stock a bit. This is where you build flavor through reduction of water in the soup..
- Once you’ve reduced stock, add cream, reduce to desired consistency over a medium-low heat..
- Once the soup is at the proper consistency, remove from heat. Let cool for 10 minutes, run the soup through a blender until creamy. The extra carton of stock is for loosening the soup if needed..
- Place into proper container, and refrigerate. Garnish with basil/parmesan upon serving for best results!.
Homemade roasted tomato basil soup with garlic, olive oil and caramelized onions. Delicious, flavorful and the best way to use up garden tomatoes! This easy Tomato Basil Soup is creamy comfort food loaded with pureed tomatoes, carrots, celery, onions, garlic and basil for multi-dimensional flavor and layers of YUM! Add the garlic, basil, tomato purée and two tablespoons of olive oil. Transfer the soup mixture to a food processor and blend to a purée.