Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich. Basil-Tomato Grilled Cheese Recipe photo by Taste of Home. In a small bowl, combine the oil, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder; brush over the outsides of each sandwich. In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted.
Today I wanted something different, something a little spicier, so I made up the following recipe. Grilled cheese sandwiches with gooey melted cheese, summer roasted tomatoes, fresh basil and crispy buttery bread slices. One of the best breakfast or lunch. You can have Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich
- Prepare 4 slices of sandwich bread (any I used brown bread).
- It’s 1 of ripe large tomato.
- You need 1 sprig of fresh basil.
- Prepare 1 of little bit of cheddar and cream cheese.
- Prepare To taste of pepper & salt.
- You need of Some jalapenos (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp of softened Butter.
These sandwiches were cooked on a grill, but a skillet would work just as well. Choose your favorite kind of cheese. We prefer a variety that melts easily, such as Gouda or Swiss, but cheddar Arrange tomato slices over cheese, cutting slices in half to fit if necessary. Classic grilled cheese sandwiches with a kick.
Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich instructions
- First of all slice your tomatoes and put them aside.
- When done, apply butter on both sides of the breads and once done flip the sides from which the buttered side is facing down this is called "buttered side down".
- Then add on your cheeses, tomatoes, basil, jalapenos, salt and pepper at the end. Close your sandwich with the other bread slice with buttered side up and grill it on grill pan until cheese melts(turning the sides continuously).
- Finally take the sanwiches of grill pan, place on plate, cut triangles and serve!!!.
These are great with a bowl of tomato soup with a little basil added. I used a single roma tomato thinly sliced and I sliced the serrano pepper lengthwise and just put the halves on the sandwich. A nice change from the everyday grilled cheese. This grilled cheese with tomato is one of the best grilled cheese recipes out there, featuring roasted tomatoes, tomato mayo, basil, and melty mozzarella. Keep reading for how this best grilled cheese sandwich (aka grilled cheese with tomato and basil), was inspired by not knowing anything.