Tomato Basil Soup with Ricotta Dumplings. This cozy tomato dumpling soup is filled with dumplings made of ricotta and Parmesan cheese and flavored with fresh basil. I first saw this soup recipe in How to make tomato dumpling soup. What's not to love about dumplings?
FOR DUMPLINGS: Meanwhile, combine ricotta Add flour and mix until just combined. Scoop dumpling mixture directly into simmering soup. Scoop dumpling mixture directly into simmering soup. You can cook Tomato Basil Soup with Ricotta Dumplings using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Soup with Ricotta Dumplings
- Prepare 2 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 28 oz of can crushed tomato.
- You need 12-15 oz of can tomato sauce.
- You need leaves of Fresh basil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/3 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ricotta.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of egg white lightly beaten.
The frozen cubes of chopped basil work nicely in this dish. This recipe is slightly modified from the original to increase the soup to dumpling ratio. For the dumplings: rinse herbs, shake dry, pluck off leaves and chop finely. Combine with ricotta, lemon zest, Parmesan, egg and flour, mix to a Pour soup into bowls.
Tomato Basil Soup with Ricotta Dumplings step by step
- Pour olive oil into 3 quart sauce pan, press garlic into oil, cook over medium heat untill garlic is golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, and chicken broth..
- As that comes to a boil, in a bowl add ricotta, parmesan, egg white, flour, salt, and pepper. Mix untill just combined..
- Drop small scoops of ricotta mixture into simmering soup, cook for 3-5 min and serve..
Remove dumplings with a slotted spoon and drain, place on top of soup. Drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle with red pepper. How to Make Ricotta Dumplings in Tomato Broth. A radiant, color-flecked tangle of noodles, cabbage, shredded carrots, pickled sushi ginger, and an abundance of cilantro, basil, and scallions. For basil dumplings, in a small bowl stir together flour, basil, salt, and baking powder.