Stir Fried Chicken with Hot Basil and Chili (Phad Kaphrao Gai). This basil-scented Thai stir-fry is easy to make and hard to resist. The secret of Phat Kaphrao is Thai holy basil which creates the unique and fragrant. Motorcycles zig-zag treacherously through the lines of cars clogging the streets.
Thai basil chicken (also known as Thai Holy Basil Chicken) is one of the most popular dishes in Thailand. Typically, you can find all kinds of meat such as. Stir Fried Shrimp With Red Chili Paste. You can have Stir Fried Chicken with Hot Basil and Chili (Phad Kaphrao Gai) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stir Fried Chicken with Hot Basil and Chili (Phad Kaphrao Gai)
- It’s 150 gr of Chicken Slices (thigh/breast).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chopped Garlic.
- You need 1 handful of Hot Basil Leaves / Kraprow/ Holy Basil.
- Prepare 7 pcs. of Fresh Chili (Red/Green), smash.
- You need 1 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Fish Sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of White Soy Sauce.
- You need 2-3 drop of Maggi Sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Black Soy Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Water/Chicken Stock.
Add fish sauce, soy sauce and oyster sauce and stir thoroughly. Add the holy basil and stir again. Garnish with carrot or fried holy basil leaves. Add the holy basil and stir again.
Stir Fried Chicken with Hot Basil and Chili (Phad Kaphrao Gai) step by step
- Put vegetable oil in pan, add garlic and chili. Stir until scent..
- Add chicken and stir well..
- Seasoning with white soy sauce, maggi sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and black soy sauce. Stir until chicken is cooked..
- Put hot basil leaves and fast cook. Take to plate..
- Tip : Taste is spicy, salty, little sweet and strong flavor of basil. Better eat with steamed jasmine rice and fried egg. In thai way, we always serve with sauce called Nam Pla Prik (Ingredient : fish sauce/chili/lime juice/little sugar). You can change meat to pork, beef, seafood, roasted duck, lamb and etc. If you like hot and spicy, just add more red chili..
- Enjoy your cooking!.
Garnish with carrot or fried holy basil leaves. You will be taught by Thai Chef Chanrat Karatna, nickname Air, and his staff not only how to cook Thai Stir Fried Chicken but about the ingredients at his cooking school in Chiang Mai Thailand. This flavourful and spicy Thai stir-fry featuring holy basil is a classic. Can be made with chicken, pork or beef and served with a fried egg! Add garlic and spur chilies and pound into a rough paste.