Grilled Skirt Steak with Basil, Garlic and Herbs marinade.
You can have Grilled Skirt Steak with Basil, Garlic and Herbs marinade using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grilled Skirt Steak with Basil, Garlic and Herbs marinade
- Prepare 1 cup of basil leaves, more for garnish.
- Prepare 3 of scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced, more for garnish.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of lemon thyme leaves, more for garnish.
- It’s 2 of fat garlic cloves, roughly chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoons of coarsely chopped peperoncini (1 to 2 peppers), pickled jalapeño or other pickled peppers.
- You need 2 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- It’s of Finely grated zest of 1 -2 lemons (I use 2, it's better, trust me).
- You need of Juice of 1 lemon.
- You need 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 1/2 pounds of skirt steak.
Grilled Skirt Steak with Basil, Garlic and Herbs marinade step by step
- In a blender or food processor, combine basil, scallions, lemon thyme, garlic, peperoncini, salt and lemon zest and juice. Pour olive oil over mixture; blend until it turns to paste..
- Using paper towels, pat steak dry and place in a large bowl; slather paste mixture all over meat. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight (better)..
- Light the grill. Use a paper towel to pat steak dry. (You can leave some of the paste, but for the best sear, the meat should be dry when it hits the grill.) Grill meat over direct heat until char lines appear, and meat is done to taste, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing against the grain and serving, garnished with herbs and scallions..