Basil pesto tomato sauce. A quick-to-prepare tomato sauce flavored with pesto that is very versatile. Stir in pesto just before serving. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, sugar, salt and pepper.
Simmer a jar of tomato and basil spaghetti sauce with rich and nutty pesto when you need a quick but luxurious pasta sauce. Serve over hot ziti and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. For those who like pesto but also love tomato sauce, try this recipe. You can have Basil pesto tomato sauce using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basil pesto tomato sauce
- It’s 1 bag of spinach.
- It’s 2 of diced tomatoes or substitute one small can.
- It’s 1 half of package of fresh sliced mushrooms your favorite kind.
- Prepare 1.5 of table spoons of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 of small jar of basil pesto sauce.
- It’s 1 of small yellow onion.
- Prepare of generous amount of Italian herb blend.
- It’s of generous dash of black pepper to taste.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need 1 of sliced or diced zucchini.
- Prepare 1 of small can of tomato paste.
Quick to prepare and very good, too! Easy and simple Basil Pesto Sauce and an amazing RAW Tomato Sauce. Two 'keepers' enabling you to dive into your fridge anytime and know you have something. This simple tomato based sauce flavoured with only garlic, fresh basil and a touch of oregano is as simple as it is delicious.
Basil pesto tomato sauce instructions
- Dice the onion to your preferred size. Sautee over Medium heat in a little olive oil with garlic..
- Add onion and garlic to small saucepan. Add the diced tomato and turn to medium heat. Add mushrooms, and zucchini..
- Add 1/4 cup of water, and the basil pesto sauce..
- Bring to a simmer and turn on low heat, stirring. Cover and stream the vegetables. For 2 minutes..
- Add 1/4 cup of tomato paste, the Italian herbs, salt and pepper. Add a little more water, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. For your desired consistency, add more water..
- Serve over pasta with chicken, and top with parmesan cheese. Optional lol But I think its the best way..
I stopped relying on mass produced stuff almost a decade ago once I discovered how easy it is to make my own! For a spaghetti meat sauce, try my Spaghetti Bolognese. This Tomato Pesto Sauce was a hit among my family members, they cleaned their plates and couldn't stop at a first serving! Since this first posting I have made this Fresh Tomato Pesto quite a few times both in Canada and Italy. It's very easy and fast to make, so I suggest you get your blender out and.