Fried fish and brown-colored rice – siyyadieh. siyyadieh: lebanese fish; served with rice that's made from a stew that's made from the fish heads and fried onions. delicious. Bourbon Brown Sugar Ice Cream – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. Homemade ice cream with dark brown sugar and a touch of.
When I order fried rice from various Chinese restaurants, the rice sometimes comes white, sometimes brown. They eat white rice with their food. Having seen that the restaurants recycle uneaten white rice into roast pork fried rice, I have taken to ordering what many do and order. You can have Fried fish and brown-colored rice – siyyadieh using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried fish and brown-colored rice – siyyadieh
- Prepare 2 kg of sea bass, or any other large white fish such as red snapper or cod.
- It’s 3 cups of long grain rice, rinsed and drained.
- You need 3 of large onions.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of pine nuts.
- It’s 1/2 cup of almonds.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of caraway.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of salt.
I find that it's usually not the fish that tastes super salty, but instead the egg. This recipe was taken from an online newspaper. Add a dash of pepper and cover the eggs with the rice for one to two minutes. Toss and fry rice well until well heated through.
Fried fish and brown-colored rice – siyyadieh step by step
- In a pan, fry the almonds and pine nuts in 3 tablespoons vegetable oil until they turn light brown. Remove from pan and set aside on a kitchen absorbent paper. Reserve the pan for frying the fish..
- Rub the inside and outside of the fish with some salt and olive oil..
- Add the remaining vegetable oil to the pan and fry the fish until tender. Turn off the heat..
- Remove the fish from the pan and keep the oil in the pan..
- Peel the skin off, and remove the bones and head. Discard the bones and keep the head. Cut the fish flesh into big serving pieces and set aside..
- Fry the onions, in the reserved oil in the pan, until crispy and brown in color. Remove 3 tablespoons of the fried onions and keep aside for the garnish..
- Add the fish head, the spices, and 4 cups of hot water to the fried onions in the pan. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 30 min on medium heat or until the onions become very soft..
- Remove the fish head. Bring the sauce to a boil then add the rice. Cover the pan and cook the rice over low heat for 25 min. Add more hot water if needed and taste to see if more salt and seasoning is needed. The rice is cooked when all water has evaporated..
- Put the rice in a serving plate. Place the fried fish pieces on top and sprinkle with the fried onions, pine nuts and almonds. Serve immediately..
Should it be a bit too dry, add a little more oil to glaze. Fried Fish. and Steamed White rice. I love food, but one thing I love more is eating well and cheap. If you don't like fish, I get it, I use to be the same and so was my wife. I started cooking a lot the first time I went through university, and I quickly discovered that if you're going to make.