Seafood Paella. Read the Seafood Paella recipe, the iconic Spanish dish. This seafood-lover's version of paella from Food & Wine's Kay Chun has four different types of shellfish, as well as plenty of meaty bites of chorizo. This seafood paella recipe requires organization and slicing and dicing in advance.
Paella is one of the best-known dishes in Spanish cuisine. For this reason, many non-Spaniards view it as Spain's national dish. See how to make seafood paella, the traditional Spanish rice dish that's loaded with fresh seafood, including shrimp, clams, and calamari. You can cook Seafood Paella using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Seafood Paella
- You need 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 of medium sized tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- You need 1 of medium white onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 TSP of paprika.
- You need 1/2 TSP of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of saffron.
- Prepare 1/2 TSP of salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of allspice.
- You need 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- It’s 200-250 grams of frozen green beans.
- It’s of fish bone broth.
- Prepare 3 cups of short grain rice.
- You need 100 grams of each of mussels, large shrimp and calamari rings.
- It’s 500 grams of grilled sea bass meat.
In the video, you'll discover techniques for building flavor in. Seafood Paella made with Calasparra rice, tiger shrimp, squid, littleneck clams, and mussels with garlic and parsley paste and saffron. This delicious seafood paella was prepared by my wife, Dey. This awesome seafood paella is incredibly easy to prepare.
Seafood Paella instructions
- Boil the fish bones with leftover veggies in 2.5 liters of water for 2-3 hours..
- Chop the tomatoes, pepper and onions. Mash the garlic cloves..
- Fry the onions in olive oil. Then add the garlic. Add the spices and the salt. Add the tomatoes and red pepper. Add the tomato paste and dissolve if needed with some water. Finally add the green beans..
- Cook the sauce for at least 30 minutes till it is thick..
- Wash the rice in water and discard the water. Repeat until the washing water is clear..
- Add the rice to the sauce and mix well..
- Spread the rice evenly in a paella pan. Add on top the fish, mussel, calamari rings and shrimp..
- Pour the fish broth over the seafood. Cover the pan..
- Cook in a 180 degrees C oven for about an hour. Halfway through the process uncover the pan..
With flavors of citrus and sherry, if you want just skip the seafood and eat the rice! If compliments were worth money, I'd be a millionaire! Seafood paellas should be made with a variety of fish and shellfish, each adding its own flavor and texture. Always include jumbo shrimp, mussels or clams, and a firm white fish such as monkfish. Seafood fans will love this celebration of the sea's bounty – with delicious monkfish, squid, clams and mussels.