Fish Fillets in spicy Tomato Broth.
You can have Fish Fillets in spicy Tomato Broth using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fish Fillets in spicy Tomato Broth
- You need 4 of 4-6 ounce white fish fillets such as sea bass or cod.
- You need 1 large of shallot finely chopped.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 6 medium of fresh ripe tomatos peeled, seeded and chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh basil,chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of hot pepper sauce such as franks hot sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
Fish Fillets in spicy Tomato Broth instructions
- For Broth.
- In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, add shallot,garlic, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes cook just until soft.
- Add tomato's and cook until they begin to give off their juice,add 1/2 of the basil add wine and lemon and reduce at medium heat until reduced by 1/2.
- Add chicken stock,reduce heat to a simmer while preparing fish.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet large enough to hold fish in 1 layer, season fish with salt and pepper, sear fish for about 3 minutes on one side until golden, turn over, reduce heat pour tomato broth over fish, add remaining basil, and hot sauce cover and cook on very low about 7 minutes more depending on thickness of fish.
- Serve each fillet in a shallow soup bowl, dividing broth among bowls.
- Have crusty bread along the side for soaking up the sauce!.