Southern Fried Fish. Southern Fried Cat Fish- Classic Southern Fried Catfish dipped in buttermilk and breaded in spicy seasoned cornmeal and fried to perfection. Southern fried whiting fish is so underrated. Fried whiting fish is one of my guilty pleasures for sure.
For this recipe I used tilapia but. I make this southern fried fish recipe often for my family. It's easy to throw together for a weeknight meal or for hosting a. You can have Southern Fried Fish using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Southern Fried Fish
- You need 1 cup of yellow corn meal.
- You need 1 cup of plain flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of pepricca.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 lb of bass cat fish or whatever you just caught.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of crisco shortening.
Perfectly fried, Southern-style catfish — whether cooked at a fish shack, at a Saturday night fish fry, or Catfish seems to have a bad reputation. Southern Fried Fish Nuggets, Southern Fried Whiting Fish, Southern Style Golden Fried Fish. Which kind of fish would you like in the recipe? Fried chicken and fried fish are probably the first two dishes that's on top of Southern cuisine.
Southern Fried Fish instructions
- wash fish and set aside.
- combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- dredge fish through cornmeal batter 2 coat well.
- in deep frying pan heat shorting over medium high heat.
- and Fry until golden brown… about 5-7 minutes per side.
- drain on white paper towels and serve immediately.
Southern Fried Catfish is an iconic southern fish recipe. Made of a few simple ingredients, fried catfish makes a family favorite tradition! Growing up, I loved to go fishing with my Daddy. The hot and crispy fried fish is the perfect complement to the creamy, cheesy grits. We guarantee that you will appreciate how this fish and grits recipe combines two simple Southern recipes into one.