Seabass served with mussels in tomato sauce. Sea bass simply fried to crisp the skin, served with a rich mussel and white wine sauce with a pinch of saffron – sure to impress! Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water, refresh in iced water and peel. Remove the seeds and dice neatly.
Luckily, fresh mussels are readily available these days AND they are easy to prepare. One of my favorite comfort foods is a big bowl of mussels with crusty bread. If you've never. seabass with mussels and king prawn in tomato and chilli sauce – Picture of Martino's Restaurant, Seaham. You can have Seabass served with mussels in tomato sauce using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Seabass served with mussels in tomato sauce
- Prepare 1 of fillet sea bass.
- Prepare 50 g of carrots diced.
- You need 50 g of White radish diced.
- Prepare 400 g of Mussels.
- Prepare 1 kg of Fish bones and trimmings.
- You need 2 of Onion.
- It’s 1 of leek.
- It’s of Thyme.
- Prepare of Rosemary.
- Prepare of Fine salt.
- It’s of Black pepper coarse.
- You need of Dill.
- You need of Butter.
- You need 700 ml of White wine.
This Sea Bass recipe is melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Mussels have three things going for them: They're cheap, quick to cook, and delicious. Using clean farmed mussels negates their one big drawback—the t. Ladle the broth over the mussels and serve with the garlic toast.
Seabass served with mussels in tomato sauce instructions
- Roast fish bones and trimmings in the oven till golden brown..
- Add butter into a pot, saute chopped onions and leek till transculent. Add in the caramelized bones and trimmings and add water to cover the bones..
- Add in mussels, 500 ml white wine, rosemary, dill and thyme..
- Cook for 15 minutes, remove mussels and continue to simmer the sauce for another hour till it reduces to by 2/3..
- Strain the concentrated sauce, and bring it back to a boil. Season with salt and pepper to your liking and pour the remaining wine in. Let it reduces by half, and start adding cold butter while stirring constantly until a shine forms on the sauce..
- Season with salt and black pepper to your taste. Set aside sauce.
- In another pan, heat olive oil and cook the fish skin side down first. Each side cooks for 3 minutes..
- Flip the fish and start adding cold butter, thyme and garlic. Start to baste the fish (spooning the melted butter with the herbs in it over the fish over and over again).
- Remove and let the fish rest for 2-3 minutes..
- Pour sauce, garnish with chopped carrots and radish. Plate the fish..
Every Mediterranean country has its version of shellfish in a. Slideshow: More Sea Bass Recipes From SUPER TUSCAN by Debi Mazar and Freshly ground black pepper. Finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for serving. To make the sauce: Heat the oil and anchovies in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring often. San Marzano plum tomatoes—known for their pure tomato flavor—are the secret supermarket find in this super quick simmering sauce.