Malaysian Sweet and Sour Fish (Masam Manis).
You can have Malaysian Sweet and Sour Fish (Masam Manis) using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Malaysian Sweet and Sour Fish (Masam Manis)
- Prepare 130 g of Sea Bass Fillet.
- Prepare of Marinade (mix well in a bowl);.
- You need 1 tsp of Corn Flour.
- You need 1 tsp of Tapioca Starch.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Sauce (mix well in a bowl);.
- You need 1/4 cup of Ketchup.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Chilli Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Vinegar.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Sugar.
- You need of Starch Solution.
- It’s 1 tsp of Corn Flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Water.
- It’s of Frying;.
- It’s 30 g (4 clove) of Shallots (finely chopped).
- It’s 10 g (3 clove) of Garlic (finely chopped).
- You need 10 g (1 cm) of Ginger (finely chopped).
- You need 50 g of Cucumber (diced).
- Prepare 50 g of Tomato (diced).
- Prepare 50 g of Pineapple (diced).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Cooking Oil (shallow frying).
- You need as needed of Salt (season).
Malaysian Sweet and Sour Fish (Masam Manis) step by step
- Dry rub the salt, corn flour and tapioca starch to the fish and marinade for 30 minutes.
- When ready, heat 1/2 cup cooking oil in a wok on high heat. When hot enough (<400c), fry the fish skin side down first for 2 minutes and then turn over to fry the other side for another 2 minutes. Set aside and rest..
- In the same wok, leave behind 3 Tbsp of cooking oil and fry the shallots, ginger and garlic until fragrant (10 seconds). Next add the cucumber, tomato and pineapple and cook for a minutes or so. Then you add the sauce mixture, mix well and cover with a lid for a minute. Then add the starch solution and cook until the sauce thickens to your desired consistency. Season with salt if necessary..
- Serve the fish and sauce on a serving plate..