Fish Fillet in Ginger Sauce.
You can cook Fish Fillet in Ginger Sauce using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fish Fillet in Ginger Sauce
- Prepare 130 g of Sea bass fillet (skin & bone removed).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp (10 g) of Ginger chopped finely.
- Prepare 3 cloves (10 g) of Garlic chopped finely.
- Prepare 1 stalk (20 g) of Spring Onions.
- You need 1/3 cup of Stock (any will do).
- You need 2 tsp of Dark/White Vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of + 1 tsp corn starch.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 Tbsp of egg white.
- Prepare of Salt to taste (3g).
- You need of cooking oil (as needed).
Fish Fillet in Ginger Sauce step by step
- Marinade fish with salt (2g), vinegar, egg white and 1 tsp corn starch. Let it sit for 30 minutes..
- In a measuring cup, combine stock, vinegar sugar, 1g salt corn starch and mix well..
- Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in wok and pan fry fish until brown. Set aside to cool..
- Add 1 more Tbsp oil to the same wok. Fry the ginger and garlic until fragrant (10 seconds) then add the stock solution. Reduce the liquid until desired consistency. Then add the fried fish and spring onions. Salt to taste..
- OPTIONAL; you can use just 1 Tbsp of egg white and whisk the rest in a bowl. When you've reduced the Ginger sauce, slowly add it to the egg bowl while continuously stirring. Heat up the combined sauce until it thickens. You'll end up with a sweet and savoury custard-like Ginger sauce like the pic above. Anyone that has done custard or creme anglaise should be familiar with this technique..