Almond pear shortbread bars. Pear Almond Shortbread Bars. by: drbabs. Place rack in center of oven. Try this almond raspberry shortbread cookie bars recipe!
I love making these Almond Shortbread Bars during the holidays because they are festive, super easy to make, and everyone loves them! Almond shortbread bars make for a lovely tasty freshly baked snack recipe with a delectable taste of almonds. A recipe which dose not require any special baking skills, the almond shortbread bars are prepared by mixing together flour, sugar, eggs and almond extract. You can cook Almond pear shortbread bars using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Almond pear shortbread bars
- It’s of Crust.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped almonds.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of Filling.
- Prepare 4 1/2 cups of diced pears.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need 3 teaspoons of cornstarch.
- It’s of Crumble topping.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softenend.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped almonds.
These Apple Almond Shortbread Bars are buttery, not too sweet and loaded with apples. This impressive recipe is so much easier than it looks! I decided to do a riff on this Apricot Pistachio Tart by swapping in apples for apricots, almonds for pistachios, and making it into bars rather than a tart. Bowl, Combine flour, sugar, butter, egg Yolk And almond extract.
Almond pear shortbread bars step by step
- Line a 9×9” pan with foil and grease with butter. Cooking sprays are the devil..in my opinion. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the crust by slowly mixing all the crust ingredients in a large bowl using a pastry cutter or fork. The mixture will be crumbly. Press the crust in the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes..
- If pears are ripe and soft – Core and diced. If pears are tougher you will need to par cook them by doing the following: place the diced pears in a medium saucepan. Fill the pan with water so that half the pears are covered. Cook over medium heat, bringing to a boil then simmering for about 5 minutes until the pears just start to turn semi-translucent. Drain very well..
- Stir together pears, sugars, cinnamon and cornstarch.
- Mix the topping ingredients together just as you did for the crust. It will be crumbly..
- Remove the hot crust from the oven. Sprinkle the pears carefully on top (make sure they are well drained first – do not add any of the extra liquid!), then sprinkle with the topping. Bake for an additional 35-45 minutes until the crumble topping starts to brown..
- Cool in pan completely before using foil to lift out..
- Slice and serve..
Heavenly Lemon Shortbread Bars. (Image credit: Emma Christensen). Beat together the butter and powdered sugar in a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer) on medium-high speed until they are completely combined, turn pale yellow, and resemble creamy. Maple, Pecan, & Butternut Shortbread Bars. Spiced Pear Bundt Cake With A Brandy Vanilla Glaze. Sweet Lime Cupcakes With Raspberry Frosting.