Beans porridge. Nigerian beans porridge is the definition of complete comfort food and can be paired with garri (cassava flakes), bread or ogi (fermented starch porridge). Beans Porridge is not a very popular recipe due to the bloating associated with beans. Beans known as Ewa to the Yorubas are unpopular staple foods because it is associated with bloating.
Nigerian Beans porridge is a delicious mix of brown beans, onions, pepper, salt and palm oil. This Nigerian bean porridge recipe is soo delicious and definitely a keeper. Glutinous rice flour, honey, jujubes, pine nuts, potato starch, salt, split peas, vegetable oil, water. You can have Beans porridge using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beans porridge
- It’s 4 of cigars cup of Beans. I use white beans.
- It’s 1 of tuber of yam.
- You need of Red Palm oil.
- You need of Grinded crayfish.
- You need of Grinded pepper.
- It’s of Seasoning(knorr).
- It’s 1 of onion, medium size.
- Prepare of Salt.
How to cook Nigerian Beans Porridge & Yam with a Pressure Cooker How to make Korean red bean porridge. To make patjuk, the beans are cooked down until very soft. The traditional method is to mash the beans through a strainer to remove the skins to achieve a.
Beans porridge instructions
- Put the uncooked beans on a bowl and add water more than the beans level, sieve the water out and put the beans on a pot. Set on heat for 5 mins and sieve out water to remove all preservative substance..
- Put the beans inside the pot, add water more than the beans level and allow it to boil for minimum of 25 mins. Chop your onion, put the onion, your salt(to taste) and a teaspoon of crayfish inside the pot. Cook till tender. Add more water if necessary. When it is cooked sieve the beans out and set aside. Note do not pour out the water you sieve from the beans. Keep both water and beans..
- Peel and Cut your yam to smaller size of your choice. Wash and put the yam inside the pot. Add the water you sieve from the beans, add more water if necessary. The water should be a little more than the yam level. Add some salt to taste(not too salty like the way you will like it). Allow it boil. When the yam is done add your beans you set aside to it, add your knorr, oil, pepper, grinded crayfish to taste and chopped onions. Allow it to boil a little and stir with a wooden spoon. Serve..
This is how to prepare beans and plantain porridge in a different way. This recipe is simpler and includes fewer ingredients. However, this doesn't mean that it's less mouth-watering. Ewa riro which is also referred to as beans porridge or stewed beans is a Nigerian delicacy from the Yoruba speaking part of the country. Porridge is a dish made by boiling ground, crushed, or chopped starchy plants (typically grains) in water, milk, or both, with optional flavorings, and is usually served hot in a bowl or dish.