15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice. My husband likes to stir his rice into his soup, but I prefer to. You're going to love this slow cooker soup, full of tender beans, Cajun seasonings, and chunks of Andouille sausage. Original Recipe from Buns in My Oven.
My grocery store now carries all sorts of products they. This spicy black bean soup recipe is quick and easy, made with spicy andouille or another smoked sausage, black beans, tomatoes, and vegetables. Spicy Black Bean Soup With Cajun Sausage. You can cook 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice
- It’s 1 bag (20 oz) of hurst ham beens 15 bean cajun soup mix.
- It’s 1 of medium white or yellow onion diced.
- It’s 1/2 of green bell pepper diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of red bell pepper diced.
- It’s 3/4 cup of celery diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need of Seasoning packet from beans.
- You need 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- It’s 4 cups of filtered water.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of ham hock.
- Prepare 2 packs (12 oz) of each beef smoked sausage sliced and halfed.
- You need of Juice of 1 small lemon.
- It’s 1 can (14.5 oz) of petite diced tomatoes don't drain.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Italian seasonings.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare of For rice 👇.
- You need 3 cups of white instant rice.
- It’s 3 cups of filtered water.
- You need 2 teaspoons of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of butter.
Smoked sausage or fresh shrimp would be amazing! I would also suggest making a pan of my buttermilk cornbread to accompany this soup. Nostalgia – this soup brings me back to Grandma's kitchen every time! It's so hearty it really warms down The flavor is all in the spices and the sausage selection.
15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice step by step
- Rinse and sort through beans and check for unwanted debris and discard..
- In slow cooker add beans, onion, peppers, garlic, celery, parsley, seasoning packet, broth and water. Mix up and add ham hock in..
- Cover and cook on high for 8 or 9 hours (don't open lid while cooking).
- Brown sausage in a skillet on medium high heat and set aside in refrigerator till ready for use..
- After 8 hours check beans for doneness. If tender remove ham hock and remove fatty outside and shred and add to soup. Add in browned sausage, tomatoes, Italian seasonings, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Stir up and cover and continue to cook for about 30 more minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add in rice, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes covered..
- Serve with rice and enjoy with some buttered cornbread on the side.
Jalapeno Popper Bacon and Bean Soup Recipe : A creamy bean and bacon soup done jalapeno popper style with cream cheese and cheddar. Turkey smoked sausage is great in this recipe! Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook the onion until lightly browned. Place sausage in the pot, and pour in water. Frontier Soups Gluten Free Natural Soup Mix