My Great Northern Beans.
You can cook My Great Northern Beans using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Great Northern Beans
- Prepare 12 oz of bag Great Northern Beans.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of water.
- You need 2 tsp of chicken soup base or 2 cups chicken broth.
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 5 slices of bacon, cut small.
- You need 1 cup of shredded carrots.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of ground mustard.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary.
- You need 1 tsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper or more to taste.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
My Great Northern Beans instructions
- Rinse beans in colander. Sorting out any discolored beans..
- Ina large pot over high heat bring water and chicken base or broth to a boil. Add the beans, onion, garlic and bacon and bring to boil for 10 minutes..
- Now add the bay leaves, carrots, ground mustard and rosemary..
- Let boil for 2 hours and 30 minutes or more if needed. Stir occasionally and check your water level from time to time..
- Top with dried parsley, a dollop of sour cream and green onions and or homemade cornbread..