Black Beans and Rice. Black beans, cayenne and cumin are added to the pot, given a stir.and that's it. Black Beans and Rice. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Black beans and rice is such a classic combination, especially in Caribbean or Southern cooking.
Delicious and so easy to make, it should be part of your weekly rotation. Black beans and rice is a common dish all over the Caribbean. Canned black beans will work if you're short on time but I highly suggest dried black beans for added texture, flavor and fewer additives. You can have Black Beans and Rice using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black Beans and Rice
- Prepare 1 pound of dried black beans, soaked in water overnight, drain.
- Prepare 2 cups of brown rice.
- It’s 3 of &1/2 cups water plus salt to taste to cook rice.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped well.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, rough chop.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of chile powder; mild, medium or hot, to your taste.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of dried oregano.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chopped tomatos.
- You need of Optional ×* Serve with fresh chopped cilantro.
We show you how to cook black beans and rice. For loads more lip-smacking recipes head over to http Simple And Easy Caribbean Black Beans And Rice Recipe #VegandEatz Black Beans and Rice is the perfect family side dish. It's fast and affordable, and everyone loves the taste.
Black Beans and Rice step by step
- Cook beans in water for 45 minutes or until soft. (You will save 1 cup of cooked bean water). Cook rice at the same time, rice will take closer to an hour to cook over low heat. While beans and rice are cooking, prep veggies and measure out spices in a small bowl..
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and add onion, cook for 3 minutes then add garlic, gently cook 2 more minutes. Add spices. Add cooked beans and reserved bean water and tomatoes. Mix. Simmer for 2o minutes..
- Serve on top of hot cooked rice..
A black bean and rice dish is more than satisfying, too—it's packed with protein for a healthy meal. Stir in the rice, black beans, tomatoes, water, vinegar and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Once you know how to make black beans and rice, you can start experimenting with the classic side by incorporating your favorite vegetables and spices. Rice and black beans cook together in this flavorful dish, which gives the rice it's black color.