Pumpkin in Black Bean. Coconut milk, lime, spices, pumpkin, and broth create a seriously flavorful soup. It's nutritious, easy to make, versatile, and. My family is crazy about this slow cooker chili because it uses ingredients you don't usually find in chili.
DIRECTIONS Add broth, tomatoes or tomato sauce, black beans, pumpkin puree and corn. Stir to combine ingredients and bring soup to a boil. Puree the rinsed black beans with the tomatoes and half of the broth in a blender. You can cook Pumpkin in Black Bean using 5 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin in Black Bean
- It’s 1 of small round pumpkin.
- You need 1 tsp of preserved black bean, minced.
- Prepare of Minced ginger.
- You need 4 of cloved garlic, minced.
- You need Half of small bowl of ground pork.
Use either chicken, turkey or vegetable broth. Homemade is best, as you control what goes into it, like sodium and unnecessary additives. I'd never had pumpkin in a savory dish before and I wasn't too sure what it would be like. The flavor isn't strongly pumpkin, not like adding pie to your chili.
Pumpkin in Black Bean step by step
- Wash and peel the skin of pumpkin. Cut into cubes. Add water in a pot and boil. Steam pumpkin for 5 mins. Remove.
- Saute ground pork until color changes. Put on the side of pan, then stir fry garlic, ginger and black bean, then combine them with pork. Add a little water to cook the pork. Simmer. When done pour on top of pumpkin.
It's more of a healthy, warm veggie base that goes well with the black beans and chicken. For the record, I did keep the pumpkin part a secret. Pumpkin blends in with the vegetables, black beans and broth to add extra nutrition and delicious flavor which creates a nourishing dish the entire family will enjoy. Skinny on Simply Filling Slow Cooker Pumpkin Black Bean Chili. But it helps to make it thicker and less "tomatoey." Pumpkin Black Bean Bake.