Beans an franks. Franks-and-Beans, referring to a line in the blockbuster movie "There's Something About Mary" Starring Ben Stiller, as Ted Stroehmann and Cameron Diaz, as Mary Jensen. Good ol' beans and franks are a great standby for those of us on a budget and a bunch of big appetites to feed. I am not a fan of "franks" cut up and put in anything, but this is not bad.
It is owned by Jeff and Jodi Weyers – two lovebirds who met at Oklahoma State. Make these on the stove or in a crock pot. Also referred to as An, easy but homemade, family-friendly Franks & Beans recipe (or Beanie Weenies) made on the stove. You can cook Beans an franks using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beans an franks
- Prepare 2 lbs of red beans.
- It’s 1 pack of grape tomatoes.
- You need 1 of large onion chopped.
- You need Pack of bacon.
- You need of Ketchup couple big squirts.
- Prepare of Mustard couple big squirts.
- It’s to taste of Salt n pepper.
- It’s 12 oz of can diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tbs of Creole season.
- You need 2 packs of hotdogs.
Being married to a Yankee meant we had franks and beans every Saturday night for years. The beans (if you'll remember they still aren't cooked through entirely) will be The pot becomes a Dutch oven, softening the beans, tenderizing the franks, deepening the flavors. If you haven't already, check out our friend Avoir Chaud. He brings typically difficult recipes down to Earth.
Beans an franks step by step
- Brown bacon, then add half of the onions an grape tomatoes cook till onions tendered!.
- Once tendered add beans an cover with water an add Cajun seasoning bring to a boil then let simmer for at least 45 mins if u need add water while it’s cooking add it.
- After 45 mins add diced tomatoes an salt n pepper to your taste.
- Add franks an the other half the onion along with mustard an hot sauce to your likening an let cook bout 20 mins to 30 then it will be done !.
Using kitchen twine, tie parsley and thyme into a bundle; add to pot along with bay leaves and broth. They're clamoring for my world famous franks and beans, but I have no ingredients on hand. Full disclosure: What you are looking at was supposed to be what I've been calling in my head "Highbrow Franks & Beans.". Learn how to prepare this easy Beans and Franks recipe like a pro. I think "franks and beans" means "bits and pieces of no par value eatables".